Saturday, October 13, 2012

Heart wholes

I heard the story of The Parable of the Sower at Church today and as usual the explanation that our hearts should be a good soil for the Word to be planted in it. But today I realized something! A very simple step in planting I so did automatically today made me stop! We all know that you have to put soil and then make a whole and bury the seed in it and slightly cover it and then water it and after a period of waiting you get so tiny things coming out that make you so happy! And then my brain drew the parallel with the parable! If I want the Sower to actually plant something, I need to let him have a whole in my heart! And my hurts, my deep cuts in the heart suddenly made sense! He cannot plant without those!  They are not made to stay empty! They will be filled and he will water it and shade it and cover it and take care of it  and it will have roots and flourish and become beautiful and make Him so happy! 
He gives Life! He shines! Source of endless living water! The Seed, the true good seed! We shall never find a better Sower!

3 comments:

  1. Beautifully written and very true. I am dealing with this too and it's a painful start with a very peaceful ending. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen. :-)

    I need to let him have a whole in my heart! And my hurts, my deep cuts in the heart suddenly made sense! He cannot plant without those!

    While no doubt you were referring to a different type of hurts, that did remind me of this passage from "Ballad of Reading Gaol" that seems appropriate as well:

    And thus we rust Life's iron chain
    Degraded and alone:
    And some men curse, and some men weep,
    And some men make no moan:
    But God's eternal Laws are kind
    And break the heart of stone.

    And every human heart that breaks,
    In prison-cell or yard,
    Is as that broken box that gave
    Its treasure to the Lord,
    And filled the unclean leper's house
    With the scent of costliest nard.

    Ah! happy they whose hearts can break
    And peace of pardon win!
    How else may man make straight his plan
    And cleanse his soul from Sin?
    How else but through a broken heart
    May Lord Christ enter in?

    And he of the swollen purple throat.
    And the stark and staring eyes,
    Waits for the holy hands that took
    The Thief to Paradise;
    And a broken and a contrite heart
    The Lord will not despise.

    ReplyDelete