Wednesday, June 11, 2014

A Waterless Tap! A Dry Filter!

We have a very small kitchenette here at the office with two taps, one for regular tap water and the other for drinking water. For that one, the drinking water tap, we use a cool kind of filter. They come in almost every imaginable colour and they gave me the privilege to pick the colour every month! I picked yellow for June! sun and all!
The filter is actually like a huge cotton thing attached to this coloured plastic end that enters in the mouth of the tap and the water passes through and the cotton gets wet and we have , supposedly, clean water in our cups and for the delicious coffee that I make! (I think I need to work on my describing skills but oh well that is my best, I count on your awesome imagination to guess how our filter looks like!)
I love, love, love to be the one using the filter for the first time. It makes like this sparkling (sparkles fascinate me) sound as the cotton end expands a bit with the water. 
Now sadly for the past couple of days, from the beginning of this week that is, we have no drinking water running down this tap. (Do not worry! We are washing our hands after using the bathroom!! The other tap is working magically well... she's even a bit boastful to be "the one and only one" for now).
Yesterday and the day before we could still get a few drops out of the filter, but today it was totally dry. I felt like it migrated to the desert... and this made me realize something! For two days I did not really realize the impact of no water running out of this tap, beside the fact that we were using bottled water instead. But today it was crystal clear. It was dry, dry unlike when we put it newly... it was dead! I cannot wait for when the water comes back! It will be so cool to see the filter come alive again!!
This made me think of my life... Many times I decide to cut out the Water... to become a waterless tap, ... Many times I dare journey away from the Running Water, from the Fountain of Life ...and for quite some time I do not feel the change... I am still somehow able to give a few drops here and there but soon enough I get dry... and dry unlike the first time I ever realized that I was dry, I crack, I stink... I die... And I walk like I am still functional attached to the tap but in reality I am only a useless colourful (maybe) filter... but this Water, unlike ours here, will never stop and waits for me to come again and revive this dry, dead, filter that I am... I pray that I will ever always immerse myself in the Living Water! I pray that I never allow my filter to think he is functional alone, away from the source... And I pray that even if I do that I realize quickly my dryness and reopen the tap, enter again into His reviving preserve and get imbibe myself in all His ways! 

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing how you are able to take everyday occurrences like that and turn them into parables.... :-) A very good one! :-)

    ReplyDelete